There are many activities taking place around Villa le Barone (Greve, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and in Chianti), that our Guests can enjoy. We can book tickets for you!
Villa le Barone will communicate to guests when they arrivea list of activities, events, and things to do in the area. Meanwhile, we have selected as examples a number of events taking place in cities close to the Villa:
Greve in Chianti:
* Wine festival (Rassegna del Chianti): Thursday 11th to Sunday 14th September 2014, in the main square: buy one glass and drink all the Chianti Classico wine you want!
* Daniel Ferro vocal master classes, with many concerts in the various churches around (www.ferrovocalprogram.org): July 16 - August 6, 2014.
* Regular concerts in Lamole: July to October
Panzano in Chianti:
* Market Aprilante every first Sunday of the month:
The Aprilante Market takes place every first Sunday of the month - local artisans exhibit their wares, while local producers offer honey, cheeses, salumi and much more, including antiques. All shops are open and there is a feeling of "festa" in the air.
* Chianti wine festival, on the main square (Vino al Vino): Thursday September 18th to Sunday September 21st, 2014: buy one glass and drink all the wine you want
* From July to October, regular concerts in Panzano at the San Leolino Pieve
* Palazzo Strozzi, Pontormo and Rosso Fiorentino. Diverging Paths of Mannerism: 8 March-20 July 2014
* Many other exhibitions! (www.polomuseale.firenze.it)
* Mostra Internazionale dell'Artigianato, April 24th-May1st 2014
* And many other concerts during the whole summer!
* The horse race “Palio”, 2 July and 16 August, is world renowned. The procession with banners unfurling through the "contrade" (the different neighborhoods of the city), followed by the horse race in the splendid Piazza del Campo, is a breathtaking spectacle. Google: Palio of Siena http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palio_di_Siena
* Concerts and operas sponsored by the Academia Chigiana during all summer
Between June and August, Summer Music Festival is held, with operas on the main square, concerts, and various music events.
An Antiques’ Market is held in Piazza Grande and throughout the center of Arezzo every first Saturday and Sunday of the month.
An Antiques’ Market takes place every Sunday.
Contemporary art in Chianti.
Chianti and Tuscany are not just about Renaissance, and wonderful contemporary art is flourishing just next door of Villa le Barone:
* a San Francesco of 30 meters overlooks the Molino diGrace ‘s vineyards (www.ilmolinodigrace.com).
* works by Daniel Buren, Louise Bourgeois, Chen Zen, Cristina Igelias and many other renown artists can be seen at the “Castello di Ama” (http://arte.castellodiama.com).
* The Sculpture Park of Chianti also contains contemporary sculptures from famous artists from all parts of the world (www.chiantisculpturepark.it).
You will find at Villa le Barone suggested car itineraries, information and suggestions to discover Chianti, and Tuscany “out of the beaten track”. Our reception is there ready to help you!